• What is it? Cavilon no sting barrier film is an alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on your skin. It is designed to protect your skin from urine, faeces and other bodily fluids, adhesives and friction.
• When should I use it? Cavilon no sting barrier film can be applied to both intact and sore skin, without stinging. Cavilon no sting barrier film will protect ‘good’ skin from potential damage caused by leakage and adhesive trauma. It can also aid the healing of sore or broken skin and protect it from further damage.
• How often do I need to re-apply Cavilon no sting barrier film? The protective film can last up to 72 hours¹, but re-application is required after each stoma pouch/adhesive dressing change.
• How should I remove Cavilon no sting barrier film? There is no need to remove – it will wear off naturally. If removal is required, the application and immediate removal of an adhesive surgical tape will remove the film. Standard medical adhesive removers may also be used.
• How can I obtain further supplies of Cavilon no sting barrier film? Speak to your GP or Stoma Nurse. You can also place an order with your local pharmacist.
1. Issberner K, Schuren J. (2004) A comparative study of the skin protectant performance of five barrier films. 3M Germany
Laboratory, Neuss, Germany, 2004.
Your form was submitted successfully!
An error has occurred while submitting. Please try again later...
1. The 3M Sample Request offer is open to adults (18 yr and over) in the UK and Northern Ireland until December 31st 2018.
2. To request a 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film 1ml wipe sample from 3M a claimant must register their name, email address and address by visiting www.3M.co.uk/stoma.
3. Product samples are subject to availability and 3M reserves the right to cancel this product sample offer at any time.
4. No cash alternative is available.
5. Claimants may not sell any product samples received by this offer.
6. Please allow up to 12 days for the receipt of your product sample.
7. Before using any product sample, you must evaluate it and determine if it is suitable for your intended application – seek advice from a medical professional.
8. The Promoter is 3M United Kingdom PLC, Charnwood Campus, 10 Bakewell Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5RB.