3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Fine Powder TFM 2001Z is a second generation emulsion PTFE grade for high-performance tubing and flat gasket applications.
Special Features Meets ASTM D4895 Type I, Grade 1, Class B classification, High molecular weight PTFE powder produced by emulsion polymerisation, Fine powder grade for low to medium reduction ratio (RR) range, Isotropic mechanical properties in sintered tubings, Used successfully as a basic material for flat gaskets.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Fine Powder TFM 2001Z is a chemically modified PTFE fine powder product grade with a denser polymer structure providing lower gas permeability, higher transparency and improved stress-cracking resistance compared to standard PTFE grades. TFM 2001Z, unlike unmodified PTFE grades, is weldable.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Fine Powder TFM 2001Z is recommended for high-performance tubing applications with reduction ratios up to 1000:1. The tubing can be assembled with high strength braiding (aramide or stainless-steel wire) to give the tubing flexibility and pressure resistance.Furthermore it can be used as basic material in flat gasket applications in the general industry sector or as lining material for corrosion protection in the chemical industry sector.
- Very good weldability
- Excellent chemical inertness
- Smooth surfaces and high transparency
- High stress-cracking resistance
- High pressure resistance under surge stress
- Processing by standard paste extrusion method
- Low friction behaviour
- High flame retardance
- Exceptional temperature resistance
- Very good electrical properties