Modified non-free-flowing suspension PTFE of the 2nd generation for compression moulding applications like diaphragms, shaped parts and skived films.
Special Features Meets ASTM D4894 Type III, Grade 1 classification, Produced by suspension polymerisation, Improved particle coalescence, Dense polymer structure with reduced void content, Low permeability.
- PTFE moulding powder with very small particle size is preferred for moulded parts requiring very good mechanical and electrical properties, a denser polymer structure, improved gel stability and flex life characteristics.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Powder TFM 1705 is a non-free-flowing compression moulding powder for applications like shaped parts, large walled cylinders or blocks with reduced elephant foot, skived films of > 20 μm, linings in the chemical processing industry (CPI) and especially valve and pump diaphragms with improved flex life.
- Substantially lower deformation under load ("cold flow")
- Very good electrical and mechanical properties
- Improved gel stability
- Increased modulus of elasticity
- Good weldability
- Improved flex life characteristics
- Excellent chemical inertness
- Low friction behaviour
- Good flame retardance
- Exceptional temperature resistance