Modified free-flowing suspension PTFE of the 2nd generation for compression moulding and ram extrusion applications like shaped parts, skived films, seals and valve seats.
Special Features Meets ASTM D4894 Type III, Grade 2 classification, Produced by suspension polymerisation, Good mould filling behaviour, Very good free-flowing properties, Improved particle coalescence.
- Modified PTFE moulding and ram extrusion powder is the preferred grade for shaped parts requiring very good free-flowing, good mechanical and electrical properties, a denser polymer structure, significantly lower deformation under load and improved weldability.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Granules TFM 1600 is especially suitable for shaped parts, skived films of >500 μm, linings in the chemical processing industry (CPI), sealings and ball valve seat applications as well as ram-extruded semi-finished articles.
- Dense polymer structure with reduced void content
- Low permeability
- Substantially lower deformation under load ("cold flow")
- Good electrical and mechanical properties
- Increased modulus of elasticity
- Excellent chemical inertness
- Low friction behaviour
- Good flame retardance
- Exceptional temperature resistance