Modified non-free-flowing suspension PTFE of the 2nd generation for compression moulding applications like shaped parts, skived films and sealing applications.
Special Features Meets ASTM D4894 Type III, Grade 1 classification, Produced by suspension polymerisation, Improved particle coalescence, Dense polymer structure with reduced void content, Low permeability.
- PTFE moulding powder with very small particle size is preferred for moulded parts requiring very good mechanical and electrical properties, a denser polymer structure, significantly lower deformation under load and improved weldability.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ TFM™ Modified PTFE Powder TFM 1700 is a non-free-flowing compression moulding powder for applications like shaped parts, cylinders or blocks, skived films of >20 μm, linings in the chemical processing industry (CPI) and seals, and is suitable as basic material for filled PTFE (compounds).
- Substantially lower deformation under load ("cold flow")
- Preferred basic material for filled PTFE (compounds)
- Very good electrical and mechanical properties
- Increased modulus of elasticity
- Good weldability
- Excellent chemical inertness
- Low friction behaviour
- Good flame retardance
- Exceptional temperature resistance