3M™ Dyneon™ PTFE Micropowder TF 9205 is a white, free-flowing agglomerate of fine, low molecular PTFE micropowder. Due to the manufacturing process, the surface of the polymer features more end groups than pure PTFE.
Special Features Hard particles, Almost universal chemical resistance, Good non-stick properties, Reduced friction resistance, Large operating temperature range.
- When added to plastics, 3M™ Dyneon™ PTFE Micropowder TF 9205 can cause a significant reduction in friction resistance and can also have a positive influence on the non-stick effect of the surface. Because of its small particle size coupled with good free-flowing properties, TF 9205 exhibits very good metering behaviour and can be easily incorporated into other materials – even in dry blends.
- 3M™ Dyneon™ PTFE Micropowder TF 9205 can be added to oils, fats, polymers, paints, elastomers and coatings. Typical additional quantity can vary between < 1 % and 20 % and depends on the selected matrix and the desired properties. Plastics that can benefit from improved lubricity and reduced friction and wear include polyacetals, polyamides, polycarbonates, polyesters, polyimides, polysulphides and polysulphones. Elastomers that can benefit include fluoroelastomers, neoprenes, nitriles and silicones.
- Increased degree of abrasion resistance
- Low molecular PTFE
- Limited foodstuff contact, approved by the German Federal Ministry for Consumer Health Protection and Veterinary Medicine (BgVV)
- Highly hydrophobic filler