3M™ Dyneon™ Fluoroplastic PFA 6502NZ, a fully fluorinated copolymer made from tetrafluoroethylene and perfluorvinylether, is characterized by its excellent temperature resistance, optimal chemical and weathering resistance and very good dielectric capabilities.
Special Features Wide service temperature range, Extremely high weathering resistance and UV-stability, High limiting oxygen index: Does not support combustion, Good non-stick characteristics, Improved adhesion to metal.
- The 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA N grades show exceptional temperature resistance, excellent electrical properties and almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicals together with an extremely high weathering resistance combined with an improved adhesion to metal.
- Generally, 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA N grades are used for corrosion protection in valves, pumps, tanks, tubes and pipes, or heating cables. 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA 6502NZ, with a Melt-Flow-Index (372 °C/5 kg) of 2 g/10 min, is a material with a high viscosity and is used in low shear processes like thick walled extrusion, transfermolding, molding or tube extrusion, especially when an improved adhesion to metal is required.
- Excellent almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicals
- Excellent electrical insulation properties, e.g. dielectric breakdown strength, dielectric constant
- Good low-friction properties