3M™ Dynamar™ Polymer Processing Additive FX 5917 is a pellet fluoropolymer based processing additive that is designed for use at low levels to improve processing of polyolefins such as LLDPE, mLLDPE, and HDPE for cast film and pipes extrusion.
At the typical low use levels (200-1000 ppm) necessary to improve polyolefin processing, FX 5917 has no influence on the surface and mechanical properties. Special Features Copolymer of VF2 (vinylidene fluoride) and HFP (hexafluoropropylene), Eliminates melt fracture.
- Dynamar PPA FX 5917 can offer performance and cost advantage by direct comparison to other processing additives. It provides exceptional productivity benefit when used in high density polyethylene (HDPE) and in linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) processing. It can also be used at very low levels to reduce extruder die build-up when processing LDPE, EVA and other polyolefin resins.
- As a processing additive Dynamar PPA FX 5917 reduces or eliminates melt fracture and can reduce extruder torque. Through optimization of the extruder process, the use of FX 5917 may also allow to postpone the appearance of die lip build up in cast film processing resulting in a higher yield and reducing interfacial instability in the extrusion of multi-layer films.
- Lowers apparent melt viscosity
- Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of polyolefin resins
- Reduces or eliminates die build-up
- Can offer performance and cost advantages