3M™ Dynamar™ Polymer Processing Additive FX 5914 is a free-flowing fluoropolymer processing additive (PPA) that is designed for use at very low levels to improve processing of thermoplastics.
At the use levels (typically 250 - 1000 ppm) necessary to improve processing, it does not alter or detract from the good physical properties associated with high strength plastics. Special Features For use with basic polymers and additives, Applicability in engineering thermoplastics like nylon, polyester, PVC, polystyrene and acrylic.
- Some fluoropolymer processing additives can chemically react with amines and other strongly basic chemicals, reducing their effectiveness. FX 5914 is non-reactive and can be used with amine-containing additives such as hindered amine light stabilizers or with basic polymers like nylon.
- FX 5914 is particularly useful in high viscosity, high molecular weight engineering thermoplastics. It is particularly useful at low levels to reduce extruder die build-up.
- Another unique application for FX 5914 is the reduction of time required to transition from one pigmented material to another. The PPA prevents stagnation and build-up of pigments inside the extruder and die.
- Free-flowing fluoropolymer processing additive
- For use at very low levels
- Excellent thermal stability for high temperature processing
- Reduces or eliminates die build-up
- Speeds colorant changes
- Lowers apparent melt viscosity
- Reduces gel formation