3M™ Dynamar™ Polymer Processing Additive FX 5912 is a free-flowing fluorothermoplastic processing aid (PPA) that is designed for use at very low levels to improve the processing of thermoplastics.
Typical use levels of 200 to 1000 ppm have demonstrated benefits in specialized extrusion, and calendering processes. Special Features Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of certain types of polyolefin resins, Excellent thermal stability.
- Dynamar FX 5912 may offer performance and cost advantages over comparable loadings of other processing additives. It is particularly useful at low levels to reduce die pressure, and reduce extruder die build-up, and promote release from calendering rolls.
- FX 5912 lowers apparent melt viscosity. As a processing aid FX 5912 reduces or eliminates melt fracture and can reduce extruder torque. Through optimization of the extrusion process, the use of FX 5912 may also allow an increase in output in extrusion processing. Because of its proven ability in reducing die build-up and its continuous “cleaning” function, equipment maintenance may be minimized.
- Effective as a process aid over a broad process temperature range
- Free-flowing granular product form
- Reduces / elminiates die build-up
- Lowers apparent melt viscosity
- For use at very low levels
- Can offer performance and cost advantages
- FX 5912 is targeted for applications like processing of wire and cable, fibre spinning, and certain calendering operations, among others.