The latest technology reflective sheeting from 3M, the 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ Reflective Sheeting utilises full-cube corner optics to ensure the maximum amount of light is returned to the driver. Designed for all traffic situations including motorways and urban environments, DG³ has outstanding observation angularity and performs exceptionally well at all distances and in all weather conditions. Signs are highly visible, even in visually complex nighttime roadway environments. The 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ Reflective Sheeting Series 4000 is approved for the manufacturing of signfaces for traffic signs with European Technical Approvals (ETA).
- Changing demographics also play into the need for improved signage. Older drivers have slower response times and decreased visual acuity at night. Signs made of 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ Prismatic Reflective sheeting provide the level of luminance needed by older drivers.
- Diverse vehicle sizes – from cars to SUVs to semi-tractors – create vastly different observation angles. Signs made of 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ Prismatic Reflective sheeting accommodates drivers of large vehicles.
- The product is constructed by laminating layers of material with minimal use of solvents or emissions. The manufacturing process for prismatic sheeting is also much kinder on the environment than for glass beaded reflective sheeting. Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions are reduced by 97%, energy consumption by 77% and solid waste by 46% when compared to glass beaded sheeting manufacture.
- 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ Prismatic Reflective sheeting may eliminate the need for external sign illumination (for example: on overhead guide signs).
- Fluorescent colours for improved visibility in daytime, twilight and inclement weather. Typical applications: school zones, high risk areas, railway crossings, speed limit zones and construction workzones.
- The long service life minimizes sign replacement and disposal costs.